4100 Ardmore Ave.
South Gate, CA 90280
Acquired December 2012. This three-story, 126,500 square feet industrial building with 2 freight elevators and large fenced yard is now being rehabbed.
2525 North Shadeland Ave.
Acquired June 2012. The site contains 1.8 million square feet of commercial/office buildings and concrete storage buildings on approximately 80 acres.
9275 SW Peyton Lane Wilsonville, OR
Acquired March 2012 from Lexington Realty Trust. The two-story, 123,000 SF office building 20 minutes south of Portland along I-5 boasts 7:1 parking, dual grade entrances, close proximity to the W.E.S light rail, and excellent freeway visibility. Built by Thrifty-Payless in 1980, the building was bought by Hollywood Video for its corporate headquarters in 1999, who occupied the building until recently. ODI has repaired the plumbing and roofing system and re-painted the copious amounts of purple walls and movie quote decals, remnants of Hollywood’s occupancy. The entire building is available for lease and being marketed to large floor-plate office and call center tenants with substantial parking requirements.
River Park Business Center
444 North Third Street
Acquired June 2012. 76,000 square feet multi-tenant office building strategically located in one of the best performing office submarkets in Sacramento.
Lake Natoma Office Park
Rancho Cordova, CA
1900-1960 Alabama Avenue, commonly known as Lake Natoma Office Park, in Rancho Cordova, CA was acquired December 2011. Located in the Highway 50 Corridor submarket of Sacramento, Lake Natoma Office Park is a 4-building single-story business park comprised of 96,000 rentable square feet. Constructed in 1984, and renovated in 2003, the property is 100% leased to the State of California Department of Corrections & Rehabilitation.
650 N. King Rd.
San Jose, CA
Acquired September 2011, 650 North King Road offers approximately 117,442 square feet of multi-tenant industrial space on 8.95 acres, with easy access to Interstate 280 and Highway 101. Light industrial, office and warehouse space is available.
Acquired February 2011 from Union Bank of California. 7200 square feet, built in 1925, featuring original brick and timber construction in the heart of Jack London Square. Three blocks from the waterfront, 315 Washington features sixteen, glass-walled offices, a conference room, kitchen, and showers. Seismic renovation is scheduled for second quarter 2011. The building includes twelve private, off-street parking spaces. Property was sold shortly after acquisition.
Centerpoint Executive Offices
865 Tahoe Blvd
Incline Village, Nevada
Acquired August 2010, the Centerpoint Executive Offices comprise a three-story, 41,088 square foot redwood building in the center of Incline Village. Tenants enjoy Nevada tax advantages and are minutes from Lake Tahoe. The building will be redeveloped into 300 square foot plug-and-play executive offices featuring state-of-the-art telecommunications and amenities. Larger suites are currently available for lease; full redevelopment will be complete November 2010.
Acquired in April 2010, the 10-story 1440 Broadway in the heart of Oakland combines 20th century luxury with 21st century sustainability and technology to offer the perfect location for East Bay business. Centrally located next to City Hall, Federal and County Courthouses, Chinatown, with adjacent BART and AC Transits stops, the building boasts historic Carrara marble interiors, high ceilings, energy efficient radiant heat and operable window ventilation, concierge service, conference areas, workout room and bicycle parking among other amenities, for a community of businesses, professionals and non-profit organizations. Known as the Realty Syndicate Building at the beginning of the last century, it housed the offices of well-known Oakland entrepreneur and icon F.M. “Borax” Smith.
750 Gilman Street
Acquired September 2009 from the Flint Group. The former home of Cal Ink, the property consists of 133,070 square feet on 4.78 acres in West Berkeley, three blocks from Interstates 80/580. Encompassing one-and-a-half blocks, the project is the largest undeveloped manufacturing parcel in Berkeley and features frontage on major Berkeley thoroughfares Gilman and Fourth and direct railroad access. Four clusters of buildings feature office and manufacturing space ranging from 1,200 to 36,000 square feet, with wood, concrete, metal, and brick construction, clerestories, roll-up doors and loading docks. Project is expected to be occupancy-ready May 2010.
1414-1422 Harbour Way South
Acquired December 2004, from the City of Richmond Redevelopment Agency. Improvements consist of 517,000 square feet on 26.5 acres. The building formerly known as the Ford Assembly Plant was designed by the renowned Albert Kahn in 1930 for the Ford Motor Company and has been listed on the National Register of Historic Places since June 1988. The project is conveniently situated near the Interstate-80 corridor just off of Hwy 580 with easy access to Marin, Oakland and San Francisco. The building features a sawtooth roof design with large northern skylights. The unique profile and prominent exterior façade of brick and glass presents the landscape with a handsome building of period architecture. The project will be redeveloped into a mixed-use development consisting of light industrial, office, retail, live/work spaces, and will be the home of the Rosie the Riveter / World War II Home Front Historic Park
ODI acquired this property in August 2004. Formerly one of Del Monte Corporation's fruit processing facilities, the property consists of approximately 285,000 square feet of improvements in 6 buildings, has on-site waste water treatment capabilities, and is situated on approximately 14 acres. The redevelopment plan will provide for multi-tenant occupancy of future food processing and light industrial tenants.
ODI acquired this property in October 2003 and sold it in 2005 to a meat-processing user. Formerly a turkey processing facility, the main building consists of a three story concrete tilt-up facility consisting of approximately 150,000 square feet which includes refrigerated area, and is complemented by two supporting structures.
3151 North Millbrook Avenue
ODI acquired the former Valley Children's Hospital in 1998. This facility consists of approximately 185,000 square feet in eleven buildings, on approximately 12.5 acres of mature landscaping in a campus setting. The main building (150,000 SF) was transformed into the County of Fresno Regional Center currently housing the County of Fresno Children and Family Services, the Fresno County District Attorney's training, evidence and records center, and the Fresno County Unemployment and Welfare Department.
ODI acquired the former Sutter Roseville Hospital in 1998. The 150,000 square feet building has been completely renovated and successfully redeveloped into an office and educational facility. The major tenants are Sierra College and American Medical Response. This property has excellent freeway visibility from interstate 80 in rapidly expanding Southern Placer County.
ODI acquired this property in August 1998. San Leandro Airport Park consists of approximately 128,000 square feet of flex space with unit sizes ranging from approximately 5,000 to 30,000 square feet. This project is located near the Oakland Airport and Interstate 880.
In 1996, ODI acquired the two-story former Mother's Cookies factory. This classic approximately 31,000 square foot brick and redwood buildingwas converted and now consists of 21 units of Live-Work space. Second Floor live spaces offer dramatic 20-30 foot ceilings with the original maple hardwood floors completely restored.
ODI acquired this business center in 1996. Britannia Business Center, original consisted of three buildings totaling approximately 140,000 square feet and vacant land of approximately 4.2 acres. ODI sold a portion of the improvements to an owner/user and the vacant land to the United States Post Office. The remaining 98,000 square feet of the project is home to a variety of tenants, including Orton Development, Inc.
ODI acquired this historic building in 1996. This 29,478 square feet project is located in the growing Jack London Square district of Oakland. This fully restored historic building is now used for office space.
ODI acquired this property in 1996. This 40,507 square feet, two-story Class "B+" office building was built in 1982. This is a highly visible, well-known project designed to attract a mix of local and regional tenants.
ODI acquired this unique, two-story former Safeway, Inc. Ice Cream Plant in 1995. Improvements were redeveloped to provide a multi-tenant refrigerated facility, the only one of its kind in Northern California. The building contains approximately 117,000 square feet.
ODI acquired Cannery Park I from the RTC in late 1995. This 188,000 square feet facility is a former canning plant consisting of two separate buildings. The two-story buildings are now the corporate headquarters and main bottling plant for the Gordon Biersch Brewing Company.
ODI acquired this business park in 1995 and entered into a joint venture with the owners of United Can/Hunt-Wesson for the long-term development of this under-utilized and functionally obsolete 226,000 square feet warehouse. The building is now fully occupied as a distribution center.
ODI acquired this project in 1995. At that time, it consisted of two buildings, one of which ODI sold to the Visiting Nurses Association. The remaining 73,500 square feet is occupied by service and retail tenants and the City of Claremont.
ODI acquired this 385,000 square foot former American Standard bathroom fixture facility in July 1994 and sold it July 2007. Improvements include a multi-tenant commercial complex with mixed uses including retail, office, distribution, and light manufacturing.
ODI acquired Cannery Park II as a separate REO transaction in 1994. This project contains approximately 182,000 square feet that was originally a food canning plant, which ODI converted into a mixed-use multi-tenant facility, and brought to stabilized occupancy.
ODI acquired this office building located near the University of California in November 1994 and sold it in 2005. The project is comprised of approximately 74,000 square feet and is located on historic Telegraph Avenue. This six-story building attracts a range of tenants from banks to hi-tech businesses, which is unique in Berkeley.
ODI acquired this property in 1994. There are eleven buildings on this property comprising approximately 200,000 square feet of office, industrial, and retail space. The property is located in a commercial area, approximately a quarter mile east of Interstate 80.
ODI acquired this property in 1993. The 80,000 square feet Class A office building is in the heart of San Diego's historic Mission Valley. Situated between two major interstate freeways (I-8 and I-805), the property commands excellent freeway visibility and consists of two five-story wings.
ODI acquired this property in 1992 which approximately half of the 514,000 square feet facility was leased to Simmons Mattress Company. Within 60 days of acquisition, the property was fully occupied and has experienced 100% retention.
ODI acquired this attractive two-story brick building in July 1992, long before the economic transformation of Emeryville. Totaling 6,069 square feet of office space, this conveniently located building currently houses the office of the President of Orton Development, Inc. This project is located in close proximity to Interstates 580, 880 and 80.
ODI acquired this property in 1989 from US Steel. This series of largely vacant buildings with a total area of more than 440,000 square feet was originally a foundry built by the Navy near the end of WWII. It was transformed into the bustling Contra Costa Industrial Park, a multi-tenant industrial center.
ODI acquired this property in 1989 from the Realty and Investment Division of US Steel. The 394,000 square feet building, known as the American Bridge Building, was surrounded by the ODI-owned Delta Industrial Park development. Improvements provided for a multi-tenant steel processing facility and service center.
ODI acquired this 26-acre site in 1988. The property included four separate structures, each with unique problems and potential. One building was sold; a second building was already occupied by a tenant and needed only minor renovations and a new lease. Major renovations were performed on a third building and the fourth was sold to the city of Antioch, who razed the building and constructed the new police facility. This project currently consists of approximately 488,375 square feet in two buildings.
A thriving artist's colony in the heart of industrial Oakland, The Vulcan Studios was developed as live-work studios in 1986. Sixty units cluster around a series of open-air courtyards which function as exhibit space, garden patch and community meeting ground. This 103,000 square feet project boasts the "Vulcan Cafe." The building was sold in September 2006.
ODI acquired in 2002 from Lockheed Martin and sold it in September 2004. The property consists of 160,000 square feet on 20 acres and is in the process of being repositioned for residential development.
ODI acquired this property in 2000 and sold it in February 2003. This industrial warehouse office facility is approximately 185,476 square feet. The development started in the late 1950's and early 1960's, and was originally designed to accommodate a single-tenant user. The property has been redesigned to accommodate the needs of a multi-tenant industrial complex.
ODI acquired this property in 1999 and sold it in February 2002. Formerly the St. John's Regional Medical Center, the facility consists of a four-story hospital building, a one-story rehabilitation facility, a magnetic resonance building and a central plant. The total area of on-site buildings is approximately 473,000 square feet.
ODI acquired this property in April 1999 and sold it in December 2000. This 439,000 square feet property, formerly a retail mall, was converted into a mixed-use center that included retail, office and light industrial.
The 42,500 square feet industrial Dunn Road project was previously utilized as a multi-tenant facility and was converted to a single tenant-manufacturing warehouse. This project was sold in 1999.
ODI acquired this property in October 1995 and sold it in November 1999. This building consists of 41,500 square feet. Under ODI's ownership, the property was 100% leased, 80% by Caltrans. Situated in the John Wayne Airport area, Carnegie Center offers one of the most desirable office locations in Southern California.
ODI acquired this property in 1996 and sold it in 1999. This project consists of a total 25,000 gross square feet.
ODI acquired this bakery in 1996 and sold it in 1999. This former Wonder Bread Bakery, a masonry and wood frame construction, was built in 1910 and consists of approximately 56,000 square feet.
ODI purchased this environmentally problematic building in July 1999 and sold it shortly thereafter, in September 1999.
This property, originally operated as a canning plant was acquired in 1993 as an REO transaction. This property was sold in April of 1999.
The former PG&E building was acquired by ODI in 1996 and turned into City Center Lofts, a live/work facility. It was sold in 1999.
Purchased in 1996, this Class-A industrial complex totals approximately 444,480 square feet. It was sold in mid 1998.
This 3-story office/retail building was purchased as part of the Village Plaza. It totals approximately 24,695 square feet and was sold to the Visiting Nurses Association in October 1995.
ODI acquired this striking Class A office building in 1994. The project consists of approximately 45,000 square feet. ODI sold its interest in 1995.
ODI acquired this historic Albert Kahn designed building in April 2004 and sold it in March 2007. Built in 1929 and 1936, the vacant 775,000 square foot 11-story office building and 225,000 square foot parking structure, was a former component of General Motors Worldwide Headquarters. The redevelopment will include residential lofts with supporting retail and a creative office component. Located in the heart of The New Center Area of downtown Detroit, the project is considered to be a key component to the revitalization of this area.
ODI acquired this property in October 2006. Formerly a dairy processing and general distribution facility for Winn-Dixie, the property consists of approximately 796,000 square feet of improvements in 2 buildings, including 130,000 sf of cold-storage space, and is situated on approximately 57 acres. The redevelopment plan will provide for multi-tenant occupancy of cold-storage, food processing, light industrial tenants, office, and possible retail uses.
ODI acquired this property in August 2004 and sold the 801 Beaumont building in 2006 to an owner-user. The project consists of two buildings comprising approximately 358,000 square feet on approximately 25 acres. Formerly an automotive component manufacturing and distribution plant, it is one of the few buildings in the area that offers 25' ceiling height. The reminder of the property will be redeveloped for multi-tenant industrial use.
ODI acquired this landmark property in December 2003 and sold the former retail building to an office user in 2005. Improvements include a four-story industrial/call center structure and a retail/office structure comprising approximately 350,000 square feet on 11 acres. Originally constructed in 1934, with four major additions in 1940-1978, this project is located at the gateway to Downtown Baton Rouge and in close proximity to Interstates 10 and 12. The project once held the Guinness Book of World Records as the longest building in the world built as a department store. The entire project is home to FEMA’s hurricane disaster relief operations for the Gulf Coast.
ODI acquired this property in 1994. It consists of three office/warehouse buildings comprising approximately 285,000 square feet, and is situated adjacent to 240,000 square feet of warehouse/distribution area in which RSM Company, Mr. Orton's family-owned trading company operates.
ODI acquired this property in March 2005 from Universal Leaf North America US, Inc. Improvements consist of approximately 616,000 square feet of industrial space on approximately 51 acres, originally constructed in 1962. The project is located on Route 1 with immediate proximity to Interstate 95. Formerly occupied by J P Taylor Company as a tobacco processing and storage facility, the property will be repositioned into a mulit-tenant light manufacturing and warehousing complex.