1414-1422 Harbour Way South
Acquired: December 2004, as part of Ford Point
Property description: 13,000 SF, two-story free-standing Rosie the Riveter themed museum, located off the Bay Trail at Ford Point
History: Used to store kerosene by Ford, the building remained unoccupied as the main Ford Assembly Plant was redeveloped until 2010 when ODI reached a Project Development Agreement with the Richmond Redevelopment Agency and the National Park Service.
Redevelopment: ODI installed new building systems, staircases, and elevators, and seismically upgraded the building. The basement level was converted into a movie theater, library, and classrooms while the upstairs contains an office, gift shop, and exhibit space.
Current status: The NPS opened the museum Memorial Day weekend 2012 and it is open seven days a week. Permanent exhibits are scheduled for completion and installation May 2014.